For quite some time, there seems to have been quite the battle between AT&T and Verizon for who has the "best" coverage. After watching this ad,
, I would like to say that AT&T has the better coverage. However, if I were to watch that commercial, and then watch this, , I would most likely say that Verizon does. Through comparing these controversial products, I believe that both of these ads work. Because both companies compare their direct competition in the commercial, the ad allows for consumers to look at the "facts" and decide for themselves whether or not they want to believe what it right in front of their eyes.
Stereotyping tends to create humor in commercials. In this recent commercial for Mercedez,, I would feel comfortable that almost all of the viewers understand that the commercial is poking fun at "dumb blondes." Even though there very well may be many blondes that purchase and drive a Mercedez, I do not think that too many of them would have taken this ad at such a high personal level that it would make them shy away from buying a Mercedez. In fact, I think this ad works because it emphasizes the idea that "beauty is nothing without brains," and placing a "dumb blonde" in an obvious situation was a great way to put a smile on viewers faces showing them that driving a Mercedez is not only safe, but fun. By placing a joke or a pun in the commercial, I think it can make the product more appealing and much more fun for consumers.
No comments:
Post a Comment