Saturday, February 26, 2011

A [necessary?] Media Fast.

As I am absolutely loving my communications classes, there is one particular assignment that I have been dreading since I heard about it. For my Comms 101 class, we are required to go on a three day media fast (you know, not using media/main forms of technology for THREE DAYS) sometime during this upcoming week. Me: I want to get this over with--and I find it much easier staying away from media and technology altogether at the beginning of the week (particularly Sunday) than at the end of the week.

Surprisingly, now that the time to start prepping for being away from media for 72 hours has arrived, I am somewhat looking forward to it. I mean, I keep finding myself on Facebook--TOTALLY wasting my time doing basically nothing! I think it will be very refreshing to get a break from the good ol' FB--and since I can't do it on my own, this assignment will keep me away from it! Also, who knows, I may even start reading the newspaper to stay in on the loop! (Actually, I don't follow much in the world other than home decor, fashion and baseball, so I'm going to guess that magazines will be more popular than newspapers the next few days!)

My prediction is that I am going to miss music the most. My 20 minute drive to work every day will seem a little lonely without my favorite friends The Killers, The Sounds, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Two Door Cinema Club, Phoenix, and my new friends from "500 Days of Summer." But, we'll see what happens... I'll keep you posted!

My favorite part already is that I am ahead on my homework! I have done my best to finish my homework for the next three days! I cannot believe it--I am ahead of schedule! I wonder if this will stick...? [HAHA]

Well, just so you all know, starting Sunday morning at 12:01 am, I will not be replying to texts, answering my cell phone, reading my emails, checking Facebook, spending time with Perdita (my computer,) or participating in any other forms of technology.

To the Technology World: Farewell... well, for ONLY 72 hours!
Sincerely,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment