Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ad Assignment #3

I may or may not be biased towards Apple and every singe one of their products... but setting that small fact aside, I think they do an amazing job with their ads and commercials. They are a great example of a demonstration message formula simply because they actually use their product in their commercials while making it fun at the same time. Here is one of the first iPad commercials that I fell in love with that is a great example of the demonstration message formula:

This next ad is an example of a "slice of life" message formula. I first loved this commercial because I thought it was creative and a little silly (meaning it caught my eye because I smirked at the thought of using a dog for a mop.) I think this ad works because it's true that it is difficult to keep a kitchen floor clean. Sweeping then mopping is quite a tedious task to repeat over and over. It's like what Mr. Incredible says, "I feel like the maid. I just cleaned up this mess--can we keep it clean for ten minutes?"


And just for fun, here's Mr. Incredible's "interview." Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment