In their cartoon commercials, ones such as this:
I can tell that they're aiming for people who are busy and on-the-go who need insurance wherever they are. However, I don't quite understand why they thought a Kim Possible cartoon look-alike would catch that audience's attention. I feel that this ad campaign is targeted more towards elementary & middle school kids who like cartoon characters--rather than busy business people who are always traveling and need insurance wherever they are. The idea behind the commercial is clever, but executed poorly and aimed at the wrong age group.
I do like how the commercial is very informative--it tells what they do [sell insurance], how they do it [cheap], and how they are different [fast & easy claims & quotes]--but I feel that the copy "Mission: Save Money" is too juvenile. If they want to reach the audience who is so busy and on-the-go, they should have a slick commercial that can seem classy and cheap at the same time [cheap meaning less-expensive, not tacky].
If I were in charge of the campaign, I would aim for the business people who have claims that result from odd business-trip experiences and need to process a claim quickly before they leave the next day. I would choose dark colors that are classy--blacks, whites, and grays--and include a phrase that informs them about being an efficient insurance company that saves money. While Esurance's pride comes from quick quotes and easy processing, I would definitely use a business-man's familiarity to computers in an ad.
Here is an example of what a print ad of mine would be similar to*:
Then, if Esurance likes the idea that I am heading, they could make commercials that are similar in situation to the cartoon commercials. There could be a situation where an owners car is damaged because of the work he does. Maybe a car owner goes out to dinner with clients and when he returns to his car, it is smashed between two parallel parked cars... I don't know. Something that has a hint of humor to it, yet is placed in a professional environment.
These are just my ideas to improve the campaign. I would have to know exactly what Esurance is trying to accomplish and what they can offer in order to make a real campaign for them. Going off of the ideas I had, I don't know that the on-the-go business people are the target audience, but that would seem like the ideal group to target to me.
Sincerely,
Natalie
*this is merely a "prototype". I would use a different font, a different picture, and probably a different copy in the example I would show my clients. Hopefully this alludes to the general direction my campaign would head.
No comments:
Post a Comment